Curriculum mapping is a process for collecting and recording curriculum-related data that identifies core skills and content taught, processes employed, and assessments used for each subject area and grade level. The completed curriculum map then becomes a tool that helps teachers keep track of what has been taught and plan what will be taught.
Creating and working with curriculum maps is a 7-step process involving:
- Phase 2: A review of all maps by all teachers.
- Phase 3: Small mixed group reviews, in which groups of five to eight diverse faculty members share individual findings
- Phase 4: Large group comparisons, in which all faculty members gather to examine the findings of the smaller groups.
- Phase 5: Identification of immediate revision points and creation of a timetable for resolution.
- Phase 6: Identification of points requiring additional research and planning, and a timetable for resolution of those points.
- Phase 7: Planning for the next review cycle.
The purpose of a curriculum map is to document the relationship between every component of the curriculum. Used as an analysis, communication, and planning tool, a curriculum map
- allows educators to review the curriculum to check for unnecessary redundancies, inconsistencies, misalignments, weaknesses, and gaps;
- documents the relationships between the required components of the curriculum and the intended student learning outcomes;
- helps identify opportunities for integration among disciplines;
- provides a review of assessment methods; and
- identifies what students have learned, allowing educators to focus on building on previous knowledge.
Bear in mind that curriculum maps are records of implemented instruction - of what has been taught during the current school year. Projection maps, or pacing guides, on the other hand, project what will be covered in the future.
http://nuru-massage-boston.com/ body to body massage boston.
The Story of the World: History for the Classical Child: The Middle Ages: From the Fall of Rome to the Rise of the Renaissance (Second Revised Edition) (Vol. 2) (Story of the World)
Book (Peace Hill Press)
You might also like: