About This Chapter
The Theme and Symbol chapter of this Holt McDougal Literature Textbook Companion course helps students learn the essential literature lessons of theme and symbolism. Each of these simple and fun video lessons is about five minutes long and is sequenced to align with the Theme and Symbol textbook chapter.
How it works:
- Identify the lessons in Holt McDougal Literature's Theme and Symbol chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons within this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the theme and symbol topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Students will learn:
- Examples of universal themes
- Importance of theme in literary works
- Examples of literary motifs
- Symbolism and imagery in literature
- How to determine a work's theme
- Setting and themes in Hurst's The Scarlet Ibis
- Deductive and inductive reasoning in essays or articles
Holt McDougal Literature is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Explore our library of over 10, 000 lessons
Watch all the video lessons you want free for 5 days
Select a plan to try & see why over 10 million users love Study.com
You might also like:
sadly there are none. i searched for 3 hours, none at all :(